Who we are
We care about your privacy and do not sell, trade your information with anyone. We do share your personal information with the vendors necessary to operate our web site.
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our Site.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information you provide us
If you use the Contact Us form, we collect your name and email address. We keep this information as long as it is needed to respond to your contact. We do not share, sell, or use it for marketing purposes. If you request it, we will delete the information unless it is legally necessary for us to keep it.
If you choose to subscribe to receive updates from our Site, we collect your email address. You may choose to unsubscribe at any time by clicking on a link at the bottom of the email and your contact information will be deleted.
Submit a form to be listed on one of our pages
Our Site contains lists of various things which are of interest to Deerhound owners and breeders. If you submit a form to be included in one of these lists, the information we collect may include your name, email address, or physical address as well as other personal information. You may request that you be removed from the list at any time. To do so, please email us at email@example.com
If you allow us to use your images on the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information which is collected automatically
The Site is hosted by Siteground which creates automatic back-ups of the web site. You can read their policies here.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use sometimes use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Through our use of Jetpack and WordPress for operating our Site, we collect information about your usage of the Site. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Site. We use this information to get insights on how people use our Site, so we can make our Site better.
We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Site from certain geographic regions.
Who we share your data with
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Site to you and those that help us understand and enhance our services (like analytics providers). We ask vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of the Club, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Site.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To further develop our Site–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy.
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Site, which helps us improve our Site;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Site, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of the Club and others;
To communicate with you about updates to the Site.
How long we retain your data
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
What rights you have over your data
If you have submitted a contact form, subscribed for Site updates, or have submitted a form to be included on one our pages, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Form submissions may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
The Site is available worldwide. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
We may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Established: May 2018
November, 2019 – added web site url.