Below are 11 selected journal article abstracts on bloat/GDV, gleaned from the last few years of published articles, that might be of interest. Many, many thanks to Corinne Dulberg for compiling this.
1. Gastric dilatation volvulus: a retrospective study of 203 dogs with ventral midline gastropexy.
Ullmann B, Seehaus N, Hungerbühler S, Meyer-Lindenberg A.
2. Ten inherited disorders in purebred dogs by functional breed groupings.
Oberbauer AM, Belanger JM, Bellumori T, Bannasch DL, Famula TR.
3. Gastropexy for prevention of gastric dilatation-volvulus in dogs: history and techniques.
Allen P, Paul A.
4. Cardiovascular and systemic effects of gastric dilatation and volvulus in dogs.
Sharp CR, Rozanski EA.
5. Inherited and predisposing factors in the development of gastric dilatation volvulus in dogs.
6. Occurrence and recurrence of gastric dilatation with or without volvulus after incisional gastropexy.
Przywara JF, Abel SB, Peacock JT, Shott S.
7. Prevalence of inherited disorders among mixed-breed and purebred dogs: 27,254 cases (1995-2010).
Bellumori TP, Famula TR, Bannasch DL, Belanger JM, Oberbauer AM.
8. Assessment of two methods of gastric decompression for the initial management of gastric dilatation-volvulus.
Goodrich ZJ, Powell LL, Hulting KJ.
9. Gastric foreign body as a risk factor for gastric dilatation and volvulus in dogs.
de Battisti A, Toscano MJ, Formaggini L.
10. Evaluation of lidocaine treatment on frequency of cardiac arrhythmias, acute kidney injury, and hospitalization time in dogs with gastric dilatation volvulus.
Bruchim Y, Itay S, Shira BH, Kelmer E, Sigal Y, Itamar A, Gilad S.
11. Efficacy of incisional gastropexy for prevention of GDV in dogs.
Benitez ME, Schmiedt CW, Radlinsky MG, Cornell KK.